Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer Reading

After tons of searching and indecision, I finally narrowed down my summer professional reading. I am so excited to take my math instruction to another level and integrate all my learning. Plus, I will be attending a summer math training and want to go into it with a solid foundation.

Also, I am teaching 6th grade next school year and want to make sure my math expectations are at their developmental levels.

Did I mention that I am teaching 6th grade with my husband? He will be my 6th grade teacher buddy and my room neighbor. Yup! Should be a learning experience for us and a test of patience. Believe it or not, after the shock, I am pretty excited about the individual strengths we both will bring to sixth grade.

My math selection...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1571109986/ref=rdr_ext_tmb


Based on the reviews, it seems to be an objective view on current practices and Common Core. With all the amazing strategies and practices in teaching English Language Arts, I am looking for essentials that I should be using.

I was excited to find this little number.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1571109986/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

What's your summer reading?

1 comment :

  1. I loooooove Kelly Gallagher. I'm interested to hear your feedback on his book because I haven't read that one!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments.