Saturday, May 24, 2014

End of the Year De-stress

Three more days of school left! I am sure many of us are experiencing all the emotions that go along with the end of the year. It is always bittersweet- I typically struggle with wanting (needing) a long summer break and the sadness of my students moving on :( Combine that with all the stresses of the end of the year deadlines and it's a miracle we keep it together. Plus the chocolate and caffeine help.

My teaching/blogging/creating buddy Wendie and I decided to take a break from all the madness and do something fun and nonschool related. We took a trip to San Juan Capistrano to visit the Cottage Home & Garden store. It was absolutely adorable! Wendie and I picked up a few miniature plants to create some amazing miniature fairy gardens. It was so fun- that I am ready to tackle the last three days. Doing something creative just feeds my soul and revitalizes me.

I totally want to replicate this landscape sample from the store.
See the cool wagon? I found one at the nearby antique store! I have all my mini plants to get started. Now I just need to find the miniature accessories to add. More shopping!

Just for fun-this beautiful butterfly landed right in front of me at the Cottage store. So lovely!

What a face! It screams take a pic of me. This was taken at the petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano.

Here is my point of this post... to encourage you to find a way to release the stress of the end of the year. Please share how you get you survive it all.

No comments :

Post a Comment

We love comments.