Friday, April 18, 2014

P is for Physical Education

   In the state of California teachers are required to teach 200 minutes of physical education every ten school days for students in graders one through six. At times, this is a real challenge. Most elementary school teachers (including me) do not have a strong background in teaching physical education and creating lessons is an arduous task. So, when my colleague Annette told me about Adventures to Fitness an online fitness program, I did some research and was hooked!
   It has been a couple of months since my class has started using Adventure to Fitness every Thursday. My kiddos bring a bottled water and sneakers and they are ready for their 30 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise. We sure work up a sweat and are exhausted by the end. But, we always have a sense of accomplishment. There are five free episodes available for you to try too. You don't have to be a teacher, you can get moving at home too! Let me know what you think.


6 comments :

  1. What a great program to get kids in shape!! Loved it! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for fighting the good fight! Technology has swallowed up so much of the kids' attention spans they've lost the meaning of "go out and play!" My son and I have made a deal to be "walking buddies" at least three times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! I need some dedicated walking buddies.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea - will be promoting this in school when I go back after Easter. Over from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know what the teachers and students think. Have a peaceful Easter.

      Delete

We love comments.