Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Teach Like A Pirate - Chapter 16

Do you want to be a great teacher?

As you ponder that- I can absolutely, positively answer yes. I think any teacher in this book study or reading this blog already knows the answer to that question. That's why we are spending our summer reading, learning, blogging, etc. I know I do this to become a better (the best) teacher and to stay motivated and inspired.

I have read quite a few self help books in my day and this chapter reads as that. A self help chapter to let teachers (me) know that it is not silly or egotistical to strive for greatness, it is essential to our profession. 

It is 12:40 a.m. and I am so pumped to be a teacher- what a journey it has been and will continue to be. Teach Like a Pirate helped remind of that.

Jennifer from Rowdy in First Grade shared a great quote from the book. I decided it needed to be framed- it's so great.



No comments :

Post a Comment

We love comments.